Monday, September 24, 2012

Mist me...

It has been pretty darn hot here in SoCal as of late. Actually, we're used to some summer heat, but its usually a drier heat. This has been a muggy summer. And I don't have A/C in my apartment. Which is usually fine, because we live close enough to the coast to have a steady breeze, and with ceiling fans it usually stays cool enough inside. But lately its been just past comfortable with the temp and the humidity combination.
So I like to keep a misting spray on hand to help cool and refresh me. Its also a good finish to your makeup routine, especially on hot days, because it helps your makeup set and not slip down your face in the heat. There are various options, from just mineral water to water infused with various extras such as botanicals and antioxidants. Here are some that I've tried and like:
Kinerase Hydrating Antioxidant Mist
 
I usually use this one before bed. And I also poured some into a smaller airplane carry-on size spray bottle and take on flights with me to keep me hydrated in the dry airplane cabin air.

Evian Mineral Water Spray
 
This one I usually find in the travel section of Bed Bath & Beyond. The mist is so super fine and light, and I have first-hand experience with professional makeup artists on a movie set using this to help set makeup.

The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist
This one I confess I have not tried yet, but it sounds good. Its already in a small travel size bottle, and it says it has a delicate rosewater scent. The very first misting spray I ever tried was years ago by Crabtree & Evelyn, and it was a rosewater refreshing mist. It appears to be discontinued ( I can't find it anywhere) but this sounds like its very similar.
 
For more options, check here. Hope these help you keep cool this summer!

1 comment:

  1. t bact cream is a topical antibiotic. It is indicated for the topical treatment of essential and optional bacterial skin infections like Impetigo, folliculitis, furunculosis and ecthyma, infected dermatosis.

    ReplyDelete