Monday, October 22, 2012

Making me hungry...

I may have mentioned this before, but I have a lot of cookbooks that I rarely use. The problem is that I am a visual person, and I usually only want to cook something when I've seen it and it looks delicious.  So cookbooks without pictures are pretty useless to me.  The other thing is that I'm on a computer all day, not at home flipping through cookbooks, so its the recipes I see online that I'm drawn to.  And Pinterest seems to be full of only the yummiest recipes.  I want to try all that I have pinned, but the list is growing faster than I'm cooking! But here are some I'm trying soon:


Pan Seared Honey Glazed Salmon with Browned Butter Lime sauce, from cookingclassy.blogspot.com. I'm planning this for Wednesday this week (we like to try to eat fish at least once a week, but I'm getting a little tired of our go-to method of cajun seasoning.)

Penne Fresca Salad, from www.recipeinternational.com.  I love caprese salad, and this is easy looking and will be great for lunches.
 
Vegan Spicy Creamy Kale Pasta, from www.cheapandsimpleveganrecipes.com.  Like the name says, this is a vegan recipe, but it looks very compatible with standard cooking too.  I'm a big fan of kale, and always looking for new ways to eat it.  I'm planning on making this tonight, but adding some chicken (my hubby always wants protein in his meal), and I'll use dairy milk.
 
Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies, from www.annies-eats.com. I love sweets, especially lemon-y ones.  I think sweets constitute the majority of my pins. And something about the sweet and the tang of the lemon is just heaven to my palate.  These look super easy to make, and super delicious to consume. I already had lemons on hand, so I couldn't think of a better use.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins with Spiced Crumb topping, from thenonpareilbaker.blogspot.com.  I try to mostly make healthy eats, excluding the desserts like the above cookies I try once or twice a year.  But these just look too delicious.  I think everything pumpkin is good, and tis the season. I can practically taste them just thinking about them....excuse me while I wipe up my drool.

No comments:

Post a Comment