Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Happy Tuesday to me...

My monthly Birchbox arrived yesterday, with new goodies for me to try. The month Birchbox partnered with Goop.com to offer a special box, or we could elect to recieve the regularly scheduled box. They didn't tell us what was in either box, so we just had to eenie-meenie-miney-moe.  I opted to recieve the Goop box, and while I don't know what I missed out on in the regular box, I'm happy with these samples. I may actually buy a full size of one of these.

October Goop BirchBox:
  • DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer Moisturizing Serum
    • This seems like a great product.  The sample size provides multiple uses, and I tried it first after the gym yesterday afternoon, and again this morning worked in to my usual routine.  It is so smoothe blending on my face, and my face feels so soft afterwards.  It claims to give you instant gratification by hydrating skin and shrinking pores. At the same time, the peptide-packed formula exfoliates and repairs skin cells for lasting anti-aging benefits. I wouldn't say it actually shrank my pores, but they do look a bit less noticeable.  And I'm always happy to get more moisture, and anything that fights the signs of aging I'm happy to let attempt change on my face. 

  • Orofluido Elixer
    • My only complaint with this sample is that it didn't come with use instructions.  I had never heard of it before, so I didn't know if it was for hair, body, face?  I looked it up, and its for your hair. This serum relies on a triple-treat of standout oils: argan oil strengthens strands; linseed oil smoothes cuticles to leave hair shiny; and Cyperus oil fortifies and boosts manageability.  You can use on damp or dry hair, applying a few drops between palms and distributing throughout hair.  I used it after the gym yesterday to smooth flyaways and add some shine, which it did very nicely without looking oiling or weighing my hair down.  I used it this morning in my post-wash routine and my hair feels extra soft blown out today.  Plus, the scent is really lovely and not strong. 

  • Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Charm
    • I like the looks of glosses, but usually they are too sticky (my husband complains he doesn't like sticky kisses. I can't argue.)  I had never heard of this brand before (apparently Angelina Jolie is a big fan), but I think its a gloss I may invest in.  Its not sticky or sugary or goopy, and the Charm color is a soft, neutral pink that's great for everyday wear.  The moisturizing formula is infused with plumping botanical microspheres and retinyl palmitate—a form of vitamin A—to smooth away the appearance of fine lines (not a problem I have yet, but no harm in taking a pre-emptive strike!)

  • Miracle Skin Transformer SPF 20 Face
    • Another product I'd never heard of, this wow-ed me immediately.  It claims to hydrate, prime, enhance, mattify and protect all in one product, and I think it really does.  It's tinted (there are various shade, this sample came in medium and it was just right form me) so it gives you a little coverage while priming your skin.  It looks thick, but smoothes on so light and disappears while making your skin look velvet-y.  The formula uses a combination of active ingredients to improve skin tone and texture. Vitamins A, E, and K are rich in antioxidants, while Ecophysalis extracts, sourced from the Brazilian rainforest, create a shield against pollutants. It’s free of synthetic fragrances, dyes, wax, mineral oils and talc and comes in six flattering shades.

  • LUNA Bar Lemon Zest
    • LUNA Bars I am familiar with, and like them fine.  Made with 70 percent organic ingredients, LUNA Bars are full of calcium, folic acid, iron, and vitamins D—nutrients women need on a daily basis. Each bar is also a good source of protein and fiber, so they're a good snack between meals.  Plus, they satisfy a sweet craving without the calories of candy bars.  There are at least a dozen flavors offered by the company, Birchbox is only selling 2.  I usually get mine at Target or Trader Joes and get mutliple flavors.
So this box turned out to be a good one, I was pleased.  Looking forward to it next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment