Friday, February 8, 2013

Office brights...

I'm on a mission to find office appropriate outfits that are not drab.  I spend my days (just for the pay) in a law office, and while it could be worse, it's pretty drab. The decor is from I think the '70s, and aside from the sporadically-placed colorful but what-the-heck-is-that-supposed-to-be artwork, everything is dull around here.  I'm trying be be a bright spot amongst it all. This outfit helps with that.
Top: Forever21 // Bottoms: Mango // Shoes: Anne Klein

Sorry the lighting in the photo on the right is a bit dark. As you can see, I had to do a self shot from that angle.  So these pants I've had for a bit, bought on impulse at Mango one time when there actually to return something.  (That happens too often.)  They're super light-weight and soft cotton, you would expect a blouse to be made from the fabric, not the pants. But that makes them great for warmer days.  I love the blue and coral (salmon, pink? what would you call that color?) together, and the leopard heels make it fun.  Throw in some neck and arm candy, and you're all set. 

I work/live in Los Angeles.  We're pretty laid back here.  If you couldn't get away with bare arms in the office, this would easily work with a little cardigan over (in a complimentary blue, or leopard to match the shoes, or a light neutral.)

Necklace: Forever21 // Bracelets: Forever21 // Watch: Bulgari (old) // Shoes: Anne Klein

No comments:

Post a Comment