Saturday, January 26, 2013

Modern Hawaii style...

I'm going to try to start posting more of my personal style pictures, to document my attempts at finding my adult style. (Finding a good photographer to help with that is on my to-do list. Or at least getting a better camera for my husband to use. For now, these will have to do.)

First attempt here, some images from an outfit I wore for our first nice dinner out while visiting Kauai.  We went to The Beach House Restaurant, which is right on the water's edge facing the west, so it has a gorgeous and unobstructed view of the sunset every night.  It's one of the "fancier" restaurants on Kauai, which is still extremely casual by LA standards.  The food was delish, I had a watermelon feta salad and the seafood bisque. Very full by the end of dinner, and all diners were happy.  We've dined there every time we've visited Kauai.


Dress: Mango // Shoes: BCBGeneration (old) // Bag: DSW (old) // Earrings: Target (old)
 As you can see, the dress is very drape-y (good for when you want to eat a lot ;) ), and I think it will be cute worn again with a belt.  The shoes were a bit more casual than I would ordinarily pair with the dress, but I was trying to pack for 5 days in just a carry-on, so I brought multi-outfit shoes (come on, this is what we do in real life.) I thought the pink clutch was a cute contrast with the blue, and while we didn't get any good shots of my earrings, they're just dangly gold abstract shapes.




No comments:

Post a Comment