Here are some images from my trip, Instagram-style.
If you've never been to Kauai before, I highly recommend you get the Blue Book. There is no better tour/guide book. We were told about it before our first trip and gifted it for our wedding, and we have taken it every time and loaned it to everyone we know that has gone since, and everyone loves it. It has a review of every business, big and small, with no agenda other than the what's worth your time and money as a visitor to the island. It has local favorites, that you may not have thought to try just by driving by, as well as the more commercial spots. We tried multiple places that are now our favorites, specifically because of the book.
For your next trip, some recommendations:
- Puka Dog (South Shore - Hawaiian style hotdogs. Get relish AND the Lilikoi mustard.) http://www.yelp.com/biz/puka-dog-koloa
- Kintaros (East side - best sushi place on the Island. Make a reservation, it's BUSY. And get the green tea mudpie for dessert) http://www.yelp.com/biz/kintaro-japanese-restaurant-kapaa
- Roy's Poipu Bar & Grill (South Shore - yes, its a chain on the mainland too, but its got amazing fish dishes. Plus, Roy is Hawaiian.) http://www.yelp.com/biz/roys-poipu-bar-and-grill-koloa-2
- Kilauea Fish Market (North Shore - amazing fresh fish tacos) http://www.yelp.com/biz/kilauea-fish-market-kilauea
- Koloa Fish Market (South Shore - if you like poke, this has several flavors, and each is delish.) http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Poipu+Fish+Market&find_loc=Poipu%2C+HI&ns=1&ls=e8a39a8e157a12b8http://www.amazon.com/The-Ultimate-Kauai-Guidebook-Revealed/dp/0981461018