Thursday, January 24, 2013

Keeping the glow....


Without regular sun exposure, I am naturally pretty pale. And since I work in an office by day, and it's winter hours now and the daily sunlight is short, I'm about at my palest. I was hoping that a few days in Hawaii I would come home with a warm glow at least, if not an actual tan, but with my steady use of sunscreen (always must wear sunscreen, but especially if you are pale and heading closer to the equator) and our limited time spent just laying out, I'm about the same color I was before I left.
Fortunately, I'm female, and we get all the benefit of beauty products. There's something for just about every possible modification of your natural state that you could want. For this particular want, I love Smashbox's Photofinish Luminizing Foundation Primer.  If you're not already familiar with Smashbox Primers, I think they're some of the best, and they have at least a dozen different formulas now, all with different features, but all help to reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores for flawless skin with a velvety-smooth finish. The product has won numerous beauty awards, and I'm a fan regardless. 
The Luminizing formula gives my skin a healthy glow, without looking like I'm using bronzer and without looking sparkly.  Even on gray mornings like today (its raining in Los Angeles today, a rarity) I feel fresher and more youthful with this on under my regular daily makeup routine.
What are your favorite products to give your face a natural glow?

No comments:

Post a Comment