Monday, November 26, 2012

And it begins...

I hope everyone had a fun and filling Thanksgiving. Mine was basically like a 3 day long meal: Thanksgiving Day with my family, Friday with my in-laws, and Saturday with my girlfriends and their families. And yes, we had a turkey meal with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, green bean dish and pumpkin pies each of those days.  I'm starting to forget what other food tastes like. And of course our fridge is full of left overs now, even though we didn't host any of those gatherings.  Phew.

So now that Thanksgiving has had its day, I'm allowing Christmas time to come upon me.  While the retail world has been pushing Christmas since Halloween, I refuse to shift gears until Thanksgiving has had its day.  Although I am not one to participate in the madness that is Black Friday (at least not in person, I'll go on line if I think of it, or get a compelling email ad.)  I only slightly envy the people I know who are done with their holiday shopping before the long weekend is over, but that's mostly just because they knew what they wanted to get everyone, not because they possibly got a great deal on what they got.

But today is what is now being deemed Cyber Monday, where all the online retailers are offering shopping deals. Which is good for me, because between work and semester-end finals coming up, I don't have the time or patience to deal with the crowds at the malls.  Plus, I feel like I can find things more efficiently and see more at once while shopping on line. So here are some of the Cyber Monday discounts I've been getting today:
Good luck getting those deals! Let me know if you have any great ones you recommend!

No comments:

Post a Comment